Our one-day course gives the attendance and overview of marketing basics and principles as it applies to events and event management.
The course also provides the participants an understanding of the different elements of event marketing, at every stage of the event process. It also includes a discussion of different mistakes that event professionals can avoid when it comes to the marketing process.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Create & implement marketing campaigns that are current and creative
- Understand & utilize current technologies to maximize the reach and effect of their marketing campaigns
- Understand the different elements for a successful event marketing campaign
- Communicate and negotiate better with your vendors and contractors
- EMC Event Courses are a preferred provider of CMP Certified Meeting Practitioner.
- We provide a Certificate of Attendance highlighting all areas of study.
Background on Event Marketing
- What is Event Marketing?
- What is it for?
- Why do it?
- Common types of Event Marketing
- Benefits of Event Marketing
Examples of successful Event Marketing initiatives
- Traditional marketing vs Online Marketing
How to Market Your Event
- 4 Parts of Event Marketing
- Coordinating the event
- Planning your budget
- Audience for the event
Coordinating your marketing campaign
Pre-Event Planning and Coordinating
- The Event Page / Website/Landing Pages
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Contra deals
- Cross sponsor contra deals
During the event – Creating immersive experiences
Choosing and using the right technology
- Document it
- Customer feedback
- Document it
- Post-event emails
- Post-event social media marketing
Event Marketing mistakes to avoid
- Going in blind
- Don’t forget the specialists
- Missing deadlines
- Not standing out from the crowd
- Background on Event Marketing
- How to Market Your Event
- Parts of Event Marketing
- Pre-planning and Coordinating
- During the event
- Event Marketing Mistakes to Avoid