EVENT HEALTH & SAFETY FACTS
According to the Health and Safety Executive, the following are the key statistics for Great Britain when it comes to Health and Safety:
- 144 workers died at work (2014/15)
- 76,000 employees were injured according to RIDDOR (2014/15)
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey (2014/15)
- £14.3 billion was the estimated cost of injuries and bad health from current working conditions (2013-2014)
With all these figures, it is imperative that all workplaces, even those for events, consider the implementation of a sound Health and Safety plan which covers all staff, volunteers, contractors and the public.
Our Event Health and Safety Essentials provides a clear background on the legislation behind its management. The course includes a study of HSW 1974, CDM 2015 and all other relevant laws to health and safety management. The course also talks about the role of the employer and every stake holder of the business in managing the safety of everyone, including those that are not employees.
This course is a good starting point prior to the Health and Safety Risk Assessment Course.
At the end of the H&S Essentials course, you will be able to:
- Understand the different legalities behind health and safety laws in the country and the penalties for non-compliance
- Know what is required of every employer when it comes to keeping the safety of their employees including those that are not employed within the place of work
- Awareness of the documents needed for compliance under the HSW 1974
- Apply these learnings in the implementation of a sound health and safety plan for their events
- EMC Event Courses are a preferred provider of CMP Certified Meeting Practitioner.
- Event Health & Safety Essentials provides 6 hours towards full CMP certification.
- We provide a Certificate of Attendance highlighting all areas of study.
- The Health and Safety Welfare Act of 1974
- How each section affects you and your employees including those that do not work for you
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations of 2015
- Roles and Practices for Live Events, Exhibitions, Trades Fairs and Conferences
- Other legal requirements for health & safety compliance
- Your role as a Health & Safety Manager in an event
- Creating a sound Health and Safety Plan (An Overview)
- Case Studies and Workshop
BOOK BOTH EVENT H&S ESSENTIALS AND RISK ASSESSMENTS at the same time for just £799.00
CALL US NO: 0800 077 0629 Quoting Code: HSD005